Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kids Activities

Surprisingly, there is a lot of activities that kids (even babies) can do. And I already realize it by looking back again to my Pinterest account. There is sooo many things to pin, to read, to do, related to parenting things that I have not known before. I am the last child in my family and I do not intensively relate to little children until I have my own daughter. So I am a newbie in this playing and having activities with kids.

Another thing that surprise me a lot is how western mothers are very diligent and care about their children's activity. They finds new ideas on kids activities and they are constantly write up on their own blog to share what have they already do. And, what surprised me the most is western mothers have including their religion into kids daily activities and mostly I find, they are Christian. They read the Bible verse to their child every day, tell them their prophets stories (regarding to Bible of course), and have a lot of media to teach their children about religion and God via toys and games that little children would like to do such as coloring, crafting, etc.

Another thing that I adore about western parenting is how they relate their kids into BOOKS. Yes, even since baby, they have given their children books. From books that contains only images, images with a little story to tell, until a real books. 

And then I look into myself. What has I done to my daughter (beside doing daily routine such as breastfeeding, bathing, feeding her, and buying her needs)? Am I introducing my religion in her daily activities? Am I educating her to be what I want her to be? Those questions are slapping me on the face.

And then I decided to follow what those western mothers do, to have my own daughter's activity every day. I usually do this activity at night (after my working hour) and in the weekend. Mostly I follow kids activities schedule in this link, beside the Bible related things of course. This link is like a very complete calendar: every day activity with different thing to learn every week and different theme every month. I also only utilize stuffs that I already have at home. It minimizes me not to buy a lot of things needed for support the activities. I only bought what I really really need such as:
- Coloring & crafting equipments: crayons, glue, coloring pencils, watercolors and brush. I only have used the crayons and glue.
- Some books:  one book about introducing vegetables and one book about 25 stories of Moslem Prophets.

Here they are the activities that I have tried with my daughter:

Month 1:
Theme: Creation, Adam & Eve
Gross motor: Rolling ball
Color: Red
Letters: A, B
Shape: Circle
Al-Quran: God created all things and He maintains everything (Az-Zumar:62)

Week 1 (taken from the link September - Week 1):
- Coloring house 
- Mommy dressed-up

- Baby-bottle bowling

Week 2 (taken from the link August - Week 1):
- Coloring apple
- Free-play dump and fill apple and balls
- Cut & color small apples, put apples in the floor and let your children put apples in lunch box
- Make "apple pie". On paper, make a circle (I using plate). Color it with brown and glue the small apples in top of brown circle paper.


- Rolling ball
- Coloring number 1 and 2
- Coloring letter Aa and Bb
- Read book about Adam and Eve
- Touch and play with real apples
- Sort ball by color
- Tell them: Allah made plants, grass, and dirt

Week 3 (taken from the link August - Week 2):
- Coloring bear

That's all until today.
Hope this useful for you, Mommies! 
And continue with so many other activities you can find on Pinterest! :D

4 comments:

  1. What a cool mom!!
    Anyway, instead of having literature from "outside" religion, I suggest it would be better if you find Islamic way to teach your cute-beautiful-daughter.
    Just googling with keywords: Islamic Kindergarten Worksheets, and we'll found dozens worksheets for our children. Good luck. Nice blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D
      And thank you too for your suggestion about Islamic Kindergarten Worksheet and link below. I'll try it! :)

      Delete